Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Cookies on a Grey Sunday Afternoon

This afternoon, after all my weekend chores were done (i.e. putting the laundry away, tidying up in the kitchen and the bathroom), I decided to bake some oatmeal raisin cookies. It was grey outside and I hadn't done my hair this morning so there was no chance of me venturing out into public.

I forgot that the recipe was for three dozen cookies medium-sized cookies or four dozen mini cookies, so halfway through spooning half the batter onto cookie sheets and putting them into the oven, I decided to be bad and added chocolate chips (leftover from holiday baking) to the rest of the batter. Of course, with the addition of the chocolate chips and extra raisins, there turned out to be even more batter, so I made about six dozen cookies! By the third round in the oven, I had to squeeze the last of the batter into a square pan.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The ones with chocolate chips were terrific after about 10 minutes out of the oven. They were crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside from the raisins and the chocolate chips. I ate three with a big glass of milk and it made the grey Sunday afternoon just perfect.

As I'll be big as a house if I ate all these cookies myself (I already ate three in one sitting!), I'll drive some over to my cousins Julie and Andy later and some of the plain raisin ones to my parents, too.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Cookies on a Grey Sunday Afternoon”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health