Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Bursting with Pride

Today I went back to work after two weeks off. Of course everyone asks each other "How were your holidays." I was so proud and happy to be able to say that I was a new aunt!

I can't believe how much pride and happiness I had in showing people pictures of Hayden and describing him. As proud as if he were my own child I'm sure.

It's amazing
how much joy a new baby can bring when he's done nothing but come into the world. In just a little over 24 hours Hayden has made me feel hopeful and excited about life again, when I was feeling rather down in the doldrums after a rough four months at the end of 2006. But something about Hayden's simple existence has made me want to be a better person, if only so he can say that he's proud of his Aunt Alex.

Babies are amazing creatures aren't they? Their pure existence can change lives for the better.

Labels:

1 Responses to “Bursting with Pride”

  1. # Blogger Nanda

    Yes, babies have this innate power to change everything around them... And to make one not to lose hope in mankind :)  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health