Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Senator Barack Obama

Illinois Senator Barack Obama was on Oprah today. I think I tried to watch the episode when it originally aired but I programmed the VCR wrong and ended up taping Dr. Phil (ick) instead. So I was happy to catch him and his wife Michelle on the show today even though it was an old program.

I first heard of Barack Obama during the summer of 2004 when he was campaigning for Presidential hopefuls Senator John Kerry and his vice presidential running mate, Senator John Edwards (who has said that he will run for the presidency in 2008; more on this later). He was speaking at a democratic convention and I was so captivated by his words and his charisma.

Today on Oprah he said something (well, many things, but one thing in particular) that really struck me. He was talking about how to instill the notion of service into younger generations. Rather than playing playstation, to ask of your children "How can you be useful?" I think that this is such a simple question but one that could create such ripples of goodness and possibility.

His official website: Barack Obama

The future President of the United States of America?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Labels:

0 Responses to “Senator Barack Obama”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health