Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


« Home

My Foray into the Blogging World

So here it is, Christmas Day and I have started a new project for myself. It's the holidays and I have a week and a half off (well, a week left as of this posting), and I have done most of what can be done off of the To Do list I created for myself at the beginning of the holidays. And as I hate to be bored, I thought that I would give this blogging thing a try. It might be like a new year's resolution: I might not make it to the end of January before this blog is completely abandoned, but it's at least entertained me for a few days. But whatever keeps me off the streets, I say!

So how was Christmas for me? ... Christmas was good. Dinner was hosted by my aunt Pam. My mom's family does a Christmas potluck every year because her family is so big - there are nearly 30 of us in total. And we always have more than one source of meat. My mom cooked a turkey but my aunt Quinn also made a roast and my aunt Laney made a ham. (There are many growing boys in our family or boys with big appetites, so one source of meat is never sufficient.)

After dinner my cousins and I played Trivia Pursuit, the DVD Pop Culture version. I was on a team with my cousin Julie. She bailed on me after a couple of questions so I was left to defend my Trivia Pursuit Queen title on my own. I did well for a while, with just two pies missing. But then my cousins Peter and Nicholas totally smoked me and ended up winning. Next year I say, next year I'll take back my Trivia Pursuit crown.

For Christmas I got a nice new turquoise and floral bathrobe. My old one was looking a bit old and tattered. This one is nice and soft and fluffy. I also got a pink leather stainless steel travel mug; part of the proceeds from the mug support breast cancer research so I was happy about that. I also got lots of things for my house: a canister set, a wok, a pitcher for juice, a can opener, a vegetable steamer, a red silicon mitt and spatula set as well as a matching trivet, and a bunch of serving utensils. My parents gave me a new non-stick pots and pan set. All in all, lots of nice things for my home.

Labels:

0 Responses to “My Foray into the Blogging World”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health