Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


A Compliment From a Stranger

On my walk to the train station this evening, I ended up chatting with a stranger. I was crossing the street from my office when this man was walking by me and randomly commented on how warm it was. He joked with me that it was so mild that we Canadians needn't go to Florida for the winter. I laughed and agreed, and added that the poor snow plowers and the road salters however must be having a difficult time, with nothing to do. He agreed and added that the poor skiiers must be having a tough winter, too.

He then introduced himself as Ron, who worked in the travel industry selling corporate travel retreats.

He told me that I had a nice smile, which made my day, and so far, my year!

I am hopeful about 2007 now, maybe too hopeful. Hayden was born and a complete stranger complimented me! Already the first three days of 2007 have been better than the last quarter of 2006.

Labels:

0 Responses to “A Compliment From a Stranger”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health