Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Spring Shopping Spree

Yesterday I went on a bit of a shopping spree. I don't quite know what inspired it all as I have been good with controlling the shopping -- what with saving for a down payment and worrying about mortgage payments and all. But yesterday I set out for the mall to exchange a T-shirt for one of my cousins as the one shirt I got her for her upcoming birthday was rather see through. And of course, as inevitable, you set out to the mall to go to one store and on the way to that store you end up in another store and buy something else altogether!

So I set out for two tasks at the mall: To exchange Stephanie's T-shirt and to take my black boots to the shoe repair place and have them fix my heel. Simple enough, right?

So within the first 10 minutes at the mall I got my boots fixed. Sticking to the plan so far, good for me ...

Next 10 minutes at the mall, with some hassle at the store, I am able to exchange Stephanie's top. A+ for Alex so far ...

Then this is where I get way warded ...

I had been eyeing a jean jacket in a store for a while. They were running a 'Buy one, get the second at half off' sale for a few weeks. I had been to the mall by work at lunchtime and had tried the jacket on and it looked nice on me. But I had had trouble finding a second item to get at half off. So because I had done so well with my morning tasks, I decided that I could just get the jean jacket and not a second item since there wasn't much else that I liked in the store anyway. That way I would actually be saving myself money, right? So off I go to the store, which of course, is on the opposite end of the mall. As I'm walking to the store with the jean jacket, I passed by this store that is really meant for teenage girls with skinny ninny bodies. But they had these cute oversized tank tops with cute patterns that caught my eye. Up close the shirts were cute but not quite me. On my way out the store this rack of jackets caught my eye, especially this cute little cream and beige tweed number. And then I saw the sign: $19.50. How could I go wrong with a jacket for $19.50? It couldn't hurt to try at least, right? So I found one in my size -- unfortunately I had to go up to a medium which was a bit of a blow to the self-esteem since I'm used to fitting into a small or extra small, but considering that the store was for girls who regularly wear a size minus 2, I felt okay. The jacket looked ever so cute and preppy on me, and I have a pair of beige pants that would go so well with it, so it's not as if I would need to buy pants, too right ...

Then at the store with the jean jacket I found a lacy camisole that would go perfect underneath it, and even though it wasn't on sale and nearly as expensive as the jacket at $18, I bought it, too.

Then, at the grocery store -- which is actually a super store which carries clothes, furniture, books, housewares, electronics, has a pharmacy, a photoshop, a wine shop, a dry cleaner and an opticians in it -- I found some fresh apple green vases. It was so spring and it matched with my colour scheme and it was on sale that I just couldn't pass them up.

So, three hours later and $150 later, my purchases:


And on Wednesday, I found a perfect little T-shirt for Hayden:

His dad is a helicopter pilot/mechanic and it's shockingly hard, nearly impossible to find things with helicopters on them. I know because I tried really hard for his baby shower and for his welcome to the world gift.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Spring Shopping Spree”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health