Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


House Hunting

Today, after two months off, I have started my house hunting again. I was doing a lot of reading and scouring in local papers and on the internet late last fall and went to a couple of developers in late November/early December, but then Christmas rolled around and I was busy shopping on the weekends. Then in January and February the weather was too cold and the roads too icy for me to be driving around. But today was a beautiful, spring-like day so I started my house hunting again.

I went back to a development I was looking at last December, a new development 15 minutes away from where I currently live now, called Milton Trails. It's nestled at the base of the Niagara Escarpment and is at the edge of the city, which is predominantly farms, nurseries and orchards. No doubt the area will grow in the coming years and become more of a busy city, but for now it's relatively untouched -- except of course for the 1,000+ homes being built in the area! But the city plans for the area includes lots of green spaces, even a couple of ponds. They are still in Phase 1 of the development there, which is about 750 homes from three builders: Fieldgate, Green Park and Arista.

When I was there in December I had my eye on two homes in particular, both of which were sold out, so I am waiting for Phase 2 to start. That way I'll have a better chance of buying a smaller home rather than the bigger lots and homes that are remaining. But as I found out today Phase 2 won't open until about July or so.

My favourite, which my mom and dad both also like, is the Cornwall by Fieldgate Homes. It's a 1,683 square foot home, which is a bit larger than I wanted to buy since it's just me and it has a living room and a family room, which is again more room than I would need -- or have the money to furnish -- but it is one of those homes that feels just right.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Labels:

1 Responses to “House Hunting”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    The Cornwall "Corner" ;) looks lovely beyond words, Alexandria. And it's screaming for a Handy Husband and a bunch of kids running around :D.
    I love house hunting... maybe that's why I changed house 6 times since I got married ;) ihihihihihihih.
    Good Luck and Enjoy your HH.
    Teresa  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health