Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Inside a Black Apple

Ever since I started this blog and started reading the blogs of others here on Blogger, I am in such amazement and awe of the creativity of others in this world. The artistic skills and visions people have through their work, whether it be painting, sewing, designing, etc. are very inspiring and make me want to get in touch with my creative side, too.

Last week (yes, I am slow about blogging), I discovered a new artist through a random link I visited.

She (I haven't figured out her name yet) has a little shop and blog called (Inside a Black Apple), is a painter and when I saw her works on Etsy -- also a great site for discovering artisans -- I was immediately taken with the distinctive characteristics of her subjects. There is simultaneously a very innocent and childlike quality to her work as well as a dark quality bubbling beneath the layers.

Here are some of my favourites:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
In order: Black Bunny Spell, Little Umbrella Girl, Tea Time, Up High in the Trees, The Little Knitter, Sugar Girl, Scarf for Two

And finally, this great series of works, called My Favorite Spot.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Inside a Black Apple”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health