Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Daylight Savings Time

This past Sunday was daylight savings time here. This year it came a few weeks earlier to turn the clocks ahead one hour.

I didn't quite notice the one hour loss as my back hurt on Saturday night and I took some medication that makes me drowsy so I was in bed pretty early and slept through till the morning, but this morning at work it finally hit me. I was so tired that while walking through the PATH (the underground walkway that has shopping and restaurants and keeps you warm and dry during cold or rainy days) I didn't even have the energy to peruse the magazine stores or the clothing shops, which I usually enjoy. Which meant that I got to my office earlier than usual. The first thing I did was to crack open a can of Coke Zero at 8:38 in the morning.

Most days a tall cup of coffee and my morning dose of royal news is good enough to get me going, but some days I'm so tired that I need both caffeine and sugar. Today was one of those days.

The one upside of daylight saving time has been that it's still light out by the time I get home and have had dinner. Monday and Tuesday especially when the weather was very mild and it was sunny outside, I felt renewed and energized. Today it's still very mild (14 degrees celcius!) but it's grey and rainy outside. By Friday we'll be back to seasonal temperatures with a chance of snow flurries.

With the hint of spring these past two days I'm excited for the warmer weather to come. I sent out my first Easter gift to a friend overseas and I had so much fun looking at the pretty pastel-coloured chocolates and the sunny Easter cards with bunnies and chicks on them. I even tried on some spring clothes afterwards. I can't wait to shed my sweaters and my heavy wool and cashmere winter jackets, my scarves and my hats and mittens. I have beautiful brightly coloured scarves to wear for spring and looking through my wardrobe the other day, I have fun tops for summer that I can't wait to wear again.

Come on spring!

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Daylight Savings Time”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health