Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


A Weekend of Scrapbooking

With it being a long weekend here and Easter being relatively low key celebration-wise for my family, I had lots of time to work on my scrapbooking. I spent last weekend ripping pages out of magazines and yesterday I spent it cutting and trimming my clippings. And today I spent the afternoon gluing my clippings into my books.

It's amazing (and surprising) how quickly time passes when you're scrapbooking, whatever the task, whether it's ripping pages, cutting clippings or gluing, you can settle down with all of your supplies around you, the music blaring or the TV on for company, and when you look up next, a few hours has zipped right by!

That was the case this afternoon. I settled down on the floor of my living room early this afternoon with the curtains thrown back to let the sunlight in and to watch the flurries outside (yes, it's snowing in spring -- it's Canada afterall). I turned the TV onto the Food Network and started filling in those empty white pages of my scrapbook. This was shortly around 1 p.m. When I looked up next it was nearly 3 p.m.!

Getting ready for my afternoon of scrapbooking with my current book in progress (Volume 7), my cutting board (to trim those pages that hang over the edge of the book page), and my little red caddy of "tools": my orange scissors, two pairs of edged-scissors (one in the shape of scallops and one in a curvy border), an x-acto knife, a rule (to make sure those edges are straight), a gluestick and the basket to hold scraps of cut paper for the garbage.


Midway through the afternoon: Scrapbooking, it can be a messy hobby! All my clippings spread out all around me in a semi-circle. Thank goodness I live alone and don't have pets. A dog (because if I had a pet, I would more likely have a dog than a cat since I am allergic to them) would jump all over me and my stuff while scrapbooking and I wouldn't be able to sit on the floor and work on my scrapbooking. And well, other people, they would just disturb my "scrapbooking zen."


I finally stopped when I reached the end of the gluestick, which surprisingly happens to me a lot. There isn't a lot of glue in those gluesticks! So I ran out to get more gluesticks and will be back at it this afternoon, because despite the few hours I put in this afternoon, I still have a lot more to glue into my book.

Labels:

0 Responses to “A Weekend of Scrapbooking”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health