Alexandria's Little Corner of the World


Scrapbooking Paper as Art

I've had this idea for several years now, ever since I started using scrapbooking paper to cover my journals. But the other day on Apartment Therapy, I saw my idea realized into reality. My idea was to buy scrapbooking paper and frame them as cheap art.

A look through my scrapbooks would make it obvious that one idea I love over and over again is the idea of a wall with three or four rows of framed images in a grid pattern, usually four rows horizontal and three framed images across.

The draw of scrapbook paper would be (aside from it being only 50 cents a sheet) that it could be easily changed depending on the season, or if you redecorate, or if you find other prints that you like. The person who has done this at Apartment Therapy seems to have done this with random sheets, but I would have mine in a common colour palette of pinks and greens, so that each one would pick up on a colour of the previous one and there would be a "flow" of colour from one frame to the next even if the graphic or print were very different, such as a floral print to a geometric one.

Labels: , ,

1 Responses to “Scrapbooking Paper as Art”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    beautiful! where did you get the white frames what aizes r the white frames?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Alexandria's Little Corner of the World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health